Sunday, July 19, 2020

Rawmeat and Bloody Bones by Herk McGraw

“RAWMEAT AND BLOODY BONES”

Quite frequently when I was a little “bud” I would spend the week-end with my grandparents and sleep with uncles Paul and Leon. Before we would go to sleep they would usually tell me the story of “Rawmeat and Bloodybones”for their benefit.

Rawmeat and Bloodybones was a man that had been riding illegally on a coal train car and fallen off at full speed. Now, he chased little boys. They would hear him coming across the corn field, on the porch, coming up the steps, and into the bedroom. Then they would grab me and say, “gotcha!” It scared the bejebbers out of me.



Sundays were spent at my grandparents for dinner after church. We did not have a car so we walked the mile or so to grandma and grandpa's. On this day in the summer we were walking home after the big day. The moon was full and it was a clear night. Mom and Dad were carrying my sisters (twins) who were still in diapers. I would run ahead of them until I got too far and Dad would say, “Wait on us.” I was running ahead as we were passing the little church. There was a slight curve to the right past church with trees on both sides of the road making a tunnel.

As I got to the the entry of that stretch of the road the moon showed through the moving leaves and I could see ole Rawmeat and Bloodybones. Dad didn't have to call me back because I stopped dead and ran back to him. He dropped his hand and and I grabbed hold his finger. I walked through that tunnel
knowing old “Rawbones” could not get me.

It was like holding on to the Lord's finger and “walking through the valley of death with no fear.”

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Herk McGraw

(Administrator) It's a good thing nobody told Herk about the Polk Gap Monster!

"Polk Gap/ Polk Hollar Monster”

A bigfoot like creature usually referred to as the "Polk Holler or Polk Gap Monster" has been reportedly seen in Wyoming County near Maben, and Glen Rogers. It has also been reported to roam the area of Twin Falls and Saulsville. Witnesses claim they have seen a large bipedal animal of great size with a broad back and long arms and legs.

One witness said “I couldn’t put an exact size on it but it was a lot larger than any man”.

No comments:

Post a Comment